I’m so excited to share some of the Christmas projects I’ve been working on lately! I had a stamp class earlier this week and the ladies attending decided to swap tags with each other during the class. Jennifer brought the cutest tags that she created using the Stampin’ Up scalloped border punch. Her use of the punch was so clever that I just had to share it! I decided to use her idea to create cupcake ornaments for one of our Christmas trees. But this cute shape could be used for Christmas gift tags or on your cards as well! OK… so here goes…
1. Start with a 2 3/4″ square and the scalloped border punch. This will become the outside layer of your tag.
2. Center the square inside the punch and punch once on each side of the square.
3. For the inner layer of the tag you need a 2 1/2″ square. Once again, center the square inside the punch and punch once on each side.
4. Because this square is smaller, it will entirely punch out the inner layer leaving you with a frame (it kinda looks beveled) and the inside layer of your ornament.
5. Then just complete your tag the way you want and you’ve got quick and easy gift tags!
I used the Christmas Key Ingredients
and the Season’s Sweetings
stamp set for my ornaments. Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all have a wonderful day! Stay tuned tomorrow for the 11th Day of Christmas and don’t forget about the sketch challenge from yesterday!