Jan 27, 2012
Good morning & Happy Friday! I’m running around frantically trying to get our little family packed for the flight to California tomorrow… our first big trip with an infant! The laundry still isn’t done and the bags still aren’t completely packed, but we will get there one way or another. I just hope we’re all still in one piece! I’m welcoming any and all advice for traveling with a baby so feel free to leave me a comment below while there’s still time to pack and unpack our suitcase and carry-on with all of the necessities!
In the midst of our travel preparations, I really am SUPER excited to get started with the TE Sketch Challenge again! If you’re new to our sketch challenge, WELCOME! And if you’re a seasoned pro, WELCOME BACK! Everyone will want to continue reading as we’re changing up a few things to make it even more fun and exciting!
1. I’m thrilled to welcome Tracy Clemente as our new Sketch Team Coordinator! She’ll be keeping us all in line behind the scenes and I can’t even tell you how thankful I am for that! These days I need to have someone lay out my clothes for me in the morning. Tracy, can you pop over and do that too!? *wink* I’m also super excited to welcome Jen Shults and Sankari Wegman to the team. Jen, Sankari, and I will be trading off designing the layouts for each sketch challenge!
2. Your sketch challenge entries should be uploaded right here on my blog using the In Linkz below. Previously your cards needed to be uploaded to Splitcoaststampers and while you’re still welcome (and encouraged!) to upload there, we’ll be choosing the winners from the cards that are linked here on my blog. New sketch challenges will be posted on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month.
3. We’re adding in a new twist called the Top Chef! In addition to choosing one random winner for a TE gift certificate, I’ll also be choosing my favorite card each week and awarding the creator Top Chef honors! Our Top Chef will participate along with the Sketch Crew in the following week’s sketch challenge and have her card and blog featured right here on the TE Blog. I’ll be judging the entries based on the three C’s….cute, clever, and creative! Can’t wait to see what you all make.
OK… so I think I’ve covered the changes and it’s finally time to get to the sketch! Ready!? It’s a fun one!
Here are the sketch requirements one more time:
Create a card using the above sketch as inspiration. You’re not required to use TE stamps to play, but there’s a bonus prize if you do! To be entered into the prize drawing you must link your card using the In Linkz provided below by Thursday, February 9th. And here are the prizes that are up for grabs:
1. I will randomly select one person from all of the challenge links to receive a $10 gift certificate to the TE Store! If you used predominantly TE Stamps on your project you’ll receive an extra $10 bonus for a total $20 gift certificate!
2. I will select my favorite card to win Top Chef honors! The winner of the Top Chef will play along with the sketch crew and have her blog and card design featured here on the TE blog.
While some things change, others stay the same (which is a really great thing when I’m talking about our amazingly talented Sketch Crew!!). They’re back to share their inspiration using the above sketch: