Apr 12, 2012
Good morning! I hope you’re all having a great week! Today I’m joining up with the Baker’s Dozen for our monthly calendar challenge. But first I want to let you all know about some new products that just arrived at the TE Store this week! First, there’s Trendy Tape! We saw versions of this cool new product at tons of different vendors during the CHA Winter show. I chose to offer Trendy Tape by Queen and Company because of the great value (only $2.95 for 10 yards!) and the wide variety of cute and versatile patterns/colors. Click here to check out all the Trendy Tape!
Also from Queen and Company is another new product called Goosebumps, a raised sparkly crystal self-adhesive embellishment. Each Goosebump measures 1/4″ making them great for lots of small spots where you might normally use a brad or a regular ‘ol rhinestone. These will give your projects lots of extra shimmer and shine! And with a price tag of only $1.49 that means you can pick lots of colors! Click here to check out all the Goosebumps!
I love sharing about new products, but I must move on to the exciting calendar challenge! Each month the Baker’s Dozen and I join together to share our calendar projects for the current month and issue a challenge to all of you! What’s the challenge? To play along you simply need to choose a TE Calendar Product to use with any stamps or papercrafting supplies you’d like. Create a calendar page using the month in the title of my post, post it on your blog or online gallery, and come back here to add your link to the Mr. Linky at the end of the post. The idea is that when you play along each month you’ll end up with a completed calendar at the end of the year to give as a gift or keep for yourself.
And there’s a BIG prize up for grabs! Anyone who participates in 10 out of the 12 months of the calendar challenge will be entered into a random drawing for a prize package of TE stamps, dies, and other supplies worth over $150! Psst…don’t worry if you’re just starting out! You can catch up on past months any time through December 31st! If you’re looking to catch up, you can upload your January projects here, February projects here, and March projects here.
My monthly calendar project has been based around the magnetic acrylic frame and the mini tear-off calendar. The mini tear-off calendar is adhered to the outside of the acrylic frame with Sticky Tape and then I just create the monthly inserts to slip inside the frame. All 2013 calendars are currently in stock and we still have a few 2012 desktop calendars left in our What’s the Deal department. I told y’all yesterday how much I’ve been loving the April Key Ingredients kit so I decided to use the supplies from the kit and pair them up with the Faith in Bloom stamp set and Fab-U-Lous Fundamentals sticker sheet. The large polka dot flower was paper pieced with patterned paper and the inner flower, bird, and doily border are from the Fundamentals sticker sheet. The image panel was cut from Spellbinders Labels 4. Below is a closer view of the details and a quick recap of the calendar challenge rules:
- The challenge for the current month will go up at 8 am PST on the 2nd Thursday of each month and you can play along any time after that.
- Use any TE calendar product and any stamps or papercrafting supplies to decorate the current month (not required to use TE Stamps).
- Post your creation to your blog or on-line gallery. If you post your creation on SCS or other on-line gallery please use KEYWORD: TECALCHAL
- Add your direct link to the Mr. Linky list below. The linky list will remain open all year, so you have the opportunity to go back and catch up should you start late or miss a month. Find January link list HERE, February link list HERE, and March link list HERE.
- Show your spirit for the calendar challenge and grab our blog badge HERE.
- ENTER TO WIN! Everyone who plays in 10 or more of our monthly Calendar Challenges in 2012 will automatically be entered to win a Taylored Expressions Prize Package valued at over $150!!!! The winner will announced on New Year’s Day 2013.
I know you won’t want to miss the April inspiration from the rest of the Baker’s Dozen team so check ’em out!
- Jen Shults
- Jami Sibley
- Jodi Collins
- Karen Giron
- Melody Rupple
- Regina Mangum
- Taylor VanBruggen
- Tori Wild