Mar 28, 2017
Welcome to the Blog, crafty friends! We’re well into our two-week Easter Treats share and today we’ve got another wonderful spring-inspired project to share with you, this time from designer Gayatri Murali. She’s created some pretty and elegant treat baskets that will have you oohing and aahing. Follow her steps to create these and for your reference, download the FREE Inspiration Sheet below!
Baskets are so fun to put together and Gayatri has created some beautiful treat bags that pay homage to this fun tradition! With her watercolored Easter Wishes eggs, these are elegant and sweet (and filled with treats!)
- Die cut four Wicker Pockets using the Wicker Pocket die from Toffee cardstock.
- Adhere two Wicker Pocket die cuts to make a wicker pocket and sponge brown ink on the edges to add depth to the wicker baskets.
- White heat-emboss the easter egg images from Easter Wishes stamp set on watercolor paper and watercolor the images using distress inks. Cut with Egg Stacklets dies.
- Die cut a few leaves using Leafy Branch die from Granny Smith cardstock.
- The sentiment is from Rainboot Bouquet stamp set. Tip: The sentiment is one long stamp, so cut the stamp apart and align on a block to stamp/heat-emboss one below the other.
- Die cut the sentiment using the smallest of the Stitched Banner Stacklets.
- Adhere two eggs and a few of the leaves to form a cluster. Adhere the cluster on to the wicker baskets.
- On the sentiment banner, attach an eyelet and thread twine through the eyelet. Attach the sentiment banner on the handle of the wicker pocket and tie a bow.
- Add tissue paper inside the wicker pockets and Cadbury Eggs to make treats!
FREE Happy Easter Treat Bags Inspiration Sheet Download