Aug 25, 2006
There have been several adhesive discussions (which one do you like best?) and I wanted to throw my two cents in on the topic. Pictured is my FAVORITE adhesive… Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue…there is nothing better! Who knew I could get so excited about adhesive!? LOL! There are so many reasons why I love my Mono Multi and these are just a few:
1. Mono Multi sticks like cement – so your card isn’t in pieces when it arrives
2. Mono Multi is small and portable – easy to pack up and take with you
3. Mono Multi lasts *for-evah*! – I’ve been making cards with this bottle for over a month & I make a ton of cards!
4. Mono Multi is permanent or removable…your choice – let it dry a tad before sticking it down and the glue will be removable.
5. Mono Multi has two applicator ends – a wide tip for large projects and a narrow tip for small dots or strips of glue
And a few little tips from my experience…
1. I almost always use the narrow tip to apply the glue. Squeeze gently and all you need is a VERY thin line.
2. Be careful not to put the glue too close to the edge of the paper or it will leak out and make a mess when you try to stick it down.
3. Once you’ve stuck down your paper, don’t try to remove it and replace it… it will rip.. that’s how strong the glue is!
4. If you’re anything like me, you’ll forget to put the lid on your glue and then you’ll get a clogged applicator. But… no worries… I just take my paper piercer and pop out the dried up glue. Super easy and no damage to the glue applicator or the paper piercer.
You’re probably asking yourself… where can I get some of this Mono Multi Liquid Glue!? LOL! Or maybe you’re not… *rolleyes*. I sniffed out the best deal at https://www.penwa.com/ but there are several other online sites and stores that carry this.
While I’m on the topic of adhesives, I thought I’d let you know about some other adhesives that I use:
Glue Dots (for metal charms and sometimes ribbon)
Dimensionals (for about anything that needs a little extra oomph!)
Two Way Glue Pen (for tiny paper embellishments like primas)
Sticky Strip (for beaded pens and other beaded items)
Feel free to comment if you have any questions, or if you’ve used Mono Multi and have an opinion I’d love to hear it! 🙂