May 26, 2016
Happy Thursday, crafty friends! Today is the fourth day of our special week with Deco Foil from our friends at Therm O Web and we’ve got wonderful projects from our Creative Team members, Sankari Wegman and Joan Ervin! For over 40 years, Therm O Web has been bringing high-quality adhesives and interfacings to the crafting world and, like us, they are a family-owned company dedicated to expanding your creativity. Our friends at Therm O Web are creating with TE products on their blog, so be sure to check them out! PLUS — we’ve got two amazing prizes up for grabs…read on for all the details!
First up, let’s hear from Sankari on how she created her fun foil project…
Sankari really went BIG with this luscious, happy bundle of balloons. Here’s how she created it…
- Create an A2 Card from the Earl Grey cardstock. Create a mat (4” x 5-1⁄4”) for the outside of the card using the Cookie Monster cardstock and for the inside of the card using the Sugar Cube cardstock.
- Die cut a variety of sizes of balloons from the Make A Wish dies with different colors of cardstock: Plum Punch, Pumpkin and Salt Water Taffy. Using the Adhesive Pen, add some adhesive to the edges and then run through the wafer thin die setting on your Big Shot.
- To each balloon, add some foam tape to the back along with some twine. Keep all the balloons separate.
- Trim a Deco Foil PeelnStick Toner Sheet to 4” x 5-1⁄4” and then carefully attach the Deco Foil Rainbow Transfer Sheet. Run this thru the Big Shot with the Quatrefoil Cutting Plate and just like magic, the results will be so beautifully foiled!
- Put the foiled Quatrefoil over the Cookie Monster cardstock mat using the Best Glue Ever.
- Die-cut the Picture Perfect: Celebrate die with the sentiment “Dream Big” using the Jelly Donut cardstock and trim away the frame portion.
- Cut as strip using PlumPunch (2”x 5-1⁄4”), GrannySmith (1-3⁄4”x 5-1⁄4”) and Sugar Cube cardstock (1-1⁄2” x 5-1/4 “) and adhere from largest to smallest. Adhere the Dream Big sentiment cut out from the Picture Perfect – Celebrate die to the center.
- Add foam tape to the back of all the balloons and then arrange balloons according to your preference. Tie all the twine together in a bow.
LOVE this card, Sankari! It is so much fun! Now let’s check in with Joan on her foiled project…
Joan created a sweet ‘hello’ card that is filled with foiled blooms…here’s how she created it:
1. Cut A2 cardbase from Sugar Cube cardstock and fold in half
2. Die-cut flowers and leaves from Deco Foil Toner Paper and adhere foil per manufactures instructions.
3. Die-cut the following:
a. Stitched Rectangle Stacklets from Lavender Glaze cardstock and emboss with Dotted Lattice Embossing Folder
b. Stitched Banner Stacklets from Oreo cardstock
4. Place Deco Foil Designer Stencil-Hello over Oreo banner die-cut and secure. Trace stencil with the Deco Foil Adhesive Pen, remove stencil, add foil, and adhere per manufacturer instructions.
5. Adhere Oreo banner to Lavender Glaze layer and then adhere to cardbase with foam tape.
6. Adhere foil flowers and leaves. Adhere black pearls to flower centers.
7. Adhere sequins.
Thanks so much, Joan, for sharing such a pretty card with us today! For more of Joan’s terrific work, visit her blog, Stamping With a Passion!. You can find more of Sankari’s gorgeous work on her blog, Sankari’s Sunshine Corner.
We hope you enjoyed our Taylored Expressions – Therm O Web projects today! Please do go and visit them on the Therm O Web Blog and check out the projects created by their awesome designers! Also, we encourage you to continue to follow them on Therm O Web’s Facebook page, through Twitter, on Pinterest, and on Instagram!
Be sure to come back every day this week for more inspiration and more chances to be entered into our prize drawing! We’ve got TWO prizes up for grabs this week. Our buddies at Therm O Web have got a $50 Gift Certificate to the TE Store to give away, so be sure to visit the Therm O Web Blog each day this week. Our generous friends have given us an amazing Deco Foil Prize Pack: 7 New Deco Foil Transfer Sheet Colors in: Lilac, Spring Green, Aqua, Champagne, Copper, Pewter and Deep Blue along with our Deco Foil Hello Designer Stencil and one pack of Deco Foil Foam Sheets
How to Enter: Leave a comment below telling us how many stamp sets and/or dies you own (it’s okay, no shame here!) by Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:59 pm PST. We’ll choose one lucky winner at random to win a Deco Foil Prize Pack valued at $50 from all the comments left on the TE Blog between Monday, May 23 to May 29, so the more you visit us, the more chances you have to win! We’ll announce the winner next week here on the TE Blog.
Sankari’s Dream Big Card:
Joan’s Hello Card: